Sunday, April 20, 2008

Well well well




Looks like I'm beating Lindsay to another post! She's out doing something silly like Pastoring in 180 and I'm home alone with my thoughts, and we don't want that! So I figure I better share them with this machine which in turn will allow them to be shared with you.


The other day I wrote something in my journal and it came out kind of poetic. I shared it with Lindsay and she was like wow you should post that on our blog.


And while I won't be posting that today, I did run across something short in my journal that was an interesting thought that I could share on the world of blog. So here is a bit on Rhythm...

____
Last night we went and saw the Ben Darwish Trio and heard some amazing jazz. It was really
incredible. Probably the best I've heard Live. Because they were freestyle, they were funky, and
beautiful all at the same time.

But I thought about rhythm.


And I thought today as I could feel my heart beat pulsing through my fingers, that we are
driven by this perfect rhythm. Always on time. Steady.

Boom, boom, boom, boom...


Increasing in climactic moments and slowing in slumber. This deep rhythmic force that keeps
pumping whether we're aware of it or not. God's perfect design, his perfect beat, powering all of
humanity across the globe. The master musician. It really is beautiful.

Lord allow me to appreciate and portray to others the beauty found in you.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Good Job Eric!!! 2 in a row!!!!

your thoughts kinda remind me of the movie August Rush...story silly line, but amazing music!

and to your last line i say; "yes please, me too!"

Lindsay said...

After your recomendation we rented that movie. I really liked it too, I swear Trace Bundy was their guitar hand double