Thursday, June 26, 2008

I LOVE Surprises.

My husband knows this about me.
He also knows that when he says he has a surprise
I will do anything and everything to find out what it is.
I can't help it. I've always been this way.
Ask my mom.
Before every Christmas and birthday,
I would search the house from top to bottom.
Maybe it was the feeling of "the find".
Maybe it was fear of the unknown.
Either way, finding out is always anti-climactic.
Yet I try my hardest to be in the know.
Bless Eric for still planning surprises for me.
Bless him.

Anyway....all that to say
Eric planned a surprise for me Sunday afternoon.
He drove me to Sunriver.
Rented a canoe.
We spent three blissful, relaxing hours
on a river.
He packed us a picnic.
It was wonderful.

Here he his. So proud of his surprise.

Who knew this place even existed?

Amazing, picnic that consisted of:
raspberries, dried mangoes, pepper crackers, and spinach artichoke dip.
Yummy!


This was the position I chose the majority of the time.

Apparently rowing takes lots of concentration.

It appears it's pretty difficult too.
These ducks followed us for a long time. They could smell the food.



I think I might take up canoing. You know as a hobby....
What dya think?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know you've got some injun in you..that pic w/the paddle in your mad hands proves it!! love it!! nice job eric!

dad