Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Moment in Time

Do you know those moments?
Moments where everything is absolutely perfect.
So perfect, that it cannot be of this world.
It transcends your here and now, and gives you a taste of what eternity might be like.
This happens a lot when I'm driving in my car.
A song will come on and suddenly my eyes are opened.
All things are working together in that moment to make it beautiful.
I think Jesus is there in that moment.
Sometimes we miss it.
Sometimes we're too busy being busy to recognize it for what it is.
Thankfully, I paused this morning, and I saw it.


October 1st.
Fall feels official now regardless of the 82 degree forecast.
I debated wearing sandals, but thought to myself,
"No. It's fall now no matter what the weather man says."
I put on my scarf and boots and headed to a coffee shop.
The clouds are accumulating overhead threatening rain.
They're empty threats for now, so I chose to sit outside.
The sun is peering through, making the temperature just right.
I plug in my head phones, look up the Bible reading and get started.
The words leap off the page and into my spirit, stirring new faith.
It's exciting to me.
Taking a sip of my coffee, I look up to see the leaves have started to change color.
They won't stay that way long, so I allow myself the few extra seconds to take it all in.
Then it hits.
The music, the weather, the presence of Jesus, the beauty of life in this moment.
I was inspired.
For a moment I saw the bigger picture. I felt Love and not just for me.
I searched for the words to describe how amazed I was
without sounding terribly cliche. None came.
Even now I search for words to describe it for you. There are none.

Our God cared enough to give me a glimpse - even if only for a moment.





3 comments:

joshandkarlee said...

Sounds like you had a pretty fantastic day! I too was taken back today by the reality of the colors of fall!

Jenna said...

Thanks for sharing your "glimpse." I love when words fail at what our spirit senses. It truly is rich! Love you friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay,
from Addie AND ANNA
Are YOU DOING OK.I AM ANNA IF YOU NO.ANNA AND I ARE DOING OK.I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WINTER.ANNA AND I THINK YOU ARE NICE.WE WILL MISS YOU WHEN WE LEAVE OUT OF OREGON.IT WAS NICE TOO SEE YOU.IT WAS FUN TO SEE YOU.Anna is happy too see you.